Why not .m4v files?

Jul 10, 2010 at 3:47 AM

Cool Program!  Except when I ran the scan...all it did was download various art files...no renaming.  After poking around I see that .m4v files are one of the "default" file types it looks for?  I was able to "force" the rename function by manually changing the extension on some files to .mp4 or .mkv.  But then I have to change them back afterwards...kind of a pain.  Any reason the .m4v extension isn't included?  I want to use this to rename all my iTunes TV Shows.

And one other thing: looks like the program can't determine the Episode number by picking up the Episode Name from the file name?  I noticed that files that included the Episode # in the file name (as iTunes purchased files typically start with - IE:  "01 - Pilot .m4v" worked great - the program was able to pull down the episode name from the internet.  By for other files (ones I've ripped from DVD's etc - that only have the Episode Name in the file name) - the rename picked up the same name as other files...or picked something altogether?   It would be great if it could lookup the Episode NAME from the filename and go grab the Episode number (and name).

I still have to play with the art it download...hope to be able to use it in XBMC and/or Boxee...but looks cool so far!

Jul 12, 2010 at 6:42 AM

I need to find some time to fix some niggles and refactor the code.

I have got some crazy ideas for future features.

As for the .m4v, yes your right.... I will have to put the list of file types in the config. As for extracting ep numbers just turn the monitor on and rename them to 1 , 2 and so on. I will look at making it look up by name if no numbers are found.

Cheers