access to the path :\system volume information is denied

Jan 31, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Hi Guys,

I am very keen to use the tv metadatafinder program in conjunction with my Vista Media Centre. Unfortunately I receive the above error message when I try to get the application to scan my TV partition. I realise that this error relates to system restore (which is turned off on this partition) so I was wondering if this is a common bug or if I am missing something more obvious?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Also worth a mention that the TV partition is hosted on a USB external HD which I use for movies and tv episodes in conjunction with Vista MCE.

Kind Regards
Tylor
:->
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2009 at 3:00 PM
It looks like the problem may be this..  Are you running the application on a root directory?            
Jan 31, 2009 at 3:17 PM
Yes, the TV drive is a root directory, I also triedrunning it on a folder within this as a test but nothing seemed to happen?
Jan 31, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Ok so i tried setting up a new folder within the root directory to see if this would work as a test.

Therefore I have O:\X_Test\Lost Series 1 and 0:\X_Test\Dexter Series 2\

I tried restarting the tv metadata program, changing the file location to the above directory and pressing Start, after cecking the log file I can see the following...

1/01/2009 18:34:10:  Done!
31/01/2009 18:34:10:  Getting a listing of all files *.avi, *.mkv, *.mp4, *.mpg, *.mpeg, *.divx, *.ogm, and *.wmv in O:\X_test
31/01/2009 18:34:10:  Starting Process...
======================================

So it looked like it worked however this happened within a second and no meta data was created !!

Not sure why this isn't working as I have .Net 3.5 installed - would really appreciate a few pointers.

Regards
Tylor

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2009 at 1:08 PM
 I do require the directry structure to be as such: O:\TV Shows (or whatever)\Dexter\Season 1\Dextor FileName 01x01.avi.  The filename may be in a lot of diffrent formats, the important thing to look at here is the directory structure.

Dexter in its self is a series, but has many seasons and each season has its own episode.
Feb 1, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Thanks for the suggestion,

I triedthis but still received the message stating it was done but nothing canged!

The structure is as follows

O:\X_test\Lost\Series 5\Lost - S05E01 - Because You Left.mpg
O:\X_test\Lost\Series 5\Lost - S05E02 - The Lie.mpg

Any ideas what I am doing wrong as the only difference is that I did not have a seperate series folder but I changed that above.

??

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2009 at 5:03 PM
Yes, again, your using series, not season incorrectly...

O:\X_test\Lost\Series 5\Lost - S05E01 - Because You Left.mpg
O:\X_test\Lost\Series 5\Lost - S05E02 - The Lie.mpg

You should be using this:

O:\X_test\Lost\Season 5\Lost - S05E01 - Because You Left.mpg
O:\X_test\Lost\Season 5\Lost - S05E02 - The Lie.mpg
Feb 1, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Excellent - Thanks Bill :->

That's an English qwerk, I didn't think the program would stop because of the difference between series and season. after changing this it worked a treat.

Kind Regards
Tylor
Coordinator
Feb 1, 2009 at 6:19 PM
No problem.  Glad it worked.