No metadata downloaded after saying series found!

Feb 8, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Hi Bill,

Sure you are getting sick of my questions by now lol ;->

I just wondered if you are able to spare a minute or so to possibly help me troubleshoot a qwerk I am receiving when trying to grab the metadata for the Simpsons tv series. I have the folders named correctly and your application seems to think it has found the series info but I dont get any of the metadata!

The following log is created but it all finished within 10 seconds so obviously not enough time to grab all of the art work etc..

08/02/2009 12:29:37:  Done!
08/02/2009 12:29:31:  Found series, getting details about the series...
08/02/2009 12:29:28:  Finding series information for The Simpsons...

Do you have any suggestions mate, any additional log files I could investigate to see if I can narrow down the problem.

Thanks in advance
Tylor
Coordinator
Feb 8, 2009 at 8:54 PM
Na, never sick of my users :).  Besides your questions help build up the KB :).

I had the same problem in the past, but i renamed it to The Simpsons from Simpsons, The and it worked.  It had to do with the web service thetvdb.  If this is how it is on your system, then maybe take a look at how the sub directories look, "Season 1".  Also take a look at the name of the file, and see if you can rename it to 01.avi (asuming thats the first episode).  Let me know how it turns out.

Bill.        
Feb 9, 2009 at 6:24 AM

Ok this is really strange as the metadata now seems to be there and working but I think itis being pulled directly from the Video Library interface as it doesnt show the .my files from your app. I did try to rename the folder to "The Simpsons" and the sub folders were named Season 1 and so on but that did not seem to work which I thought very strange as the Simpsons is obviously very popular.

I'm happy it's working just not sure how!

Kind Regards
Tylor